more amazing news

quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2016

My Favorite Healthy Hot Cereal Bowl 🌰 I love breakfast, and I...

Share it Please


My Favorite Healthy Hot Cereal Bowl 🌰

I love breakfast, and I value breakfast, but because I’m both slow-moving and easily distracted in the early hours (whee, kitty playtime!) I almost never manage to eat breakfast before I leave the house on weekdays. Accordingly, I have become adept at quickly throwing together breakfasts that I can heat and eat once I reach my office. Not only is this hot cereal bowl savory (but can be made sweet) and satisfying, it’s a nutritional rockstar with loads of fiber and 20g of protein – half of my personal RDA! (To calculate based on the standard U.S. formula, multiply your weight in kilograms by .8. Note that the multiplier should be higher if you regularly engage in strenuous exercise or strength training, and also note that the U.S. RDA is higher than that recommended by other nutritional bodies, i.e. the WHO. Consult with a registered dietitian if you have questions regarded your optimal level of protein intake.) Accompanied with a little fruit and some strong, black coffee, this bowl gives me excellent, clean fuel to power through my day. 💪🏼☕️

INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ c Bob’s Red Mill cracked wheat hot cereal
- ¼ c sliced almonds
- 3 tsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Vegetable broth powder, bouillon, or tomato paste + soy sauce to suit your taste buds (OR, if making sweet, some fresh or frozen fruit or jam)
- Optional seasoning that I love: about ½ tsp red chili flakes

TO-GO DIRECTIONS:
Throw all ingredients into a roomy, glass Tupperware container. When ready to heat and eat, add hot water until the level is a little less than equal to the level of the grain (for these proportions, I find that roughly 1 c of hot water does the trick). Microwave, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes, making sure not to undercook the cracked wheat. Let stand for at least one minute before consuming. If making at home, this can also be prepared over stovetop with roughly the same proportions. Enjoy with love and gratitude. 🙏🏼

Related post



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow us on Facebook

Todas as receitas estão no Petitchef